Saturday, August 2, 2014

From The Heart


From The Heart

 

My sister, Betty, gave me a dark black or gray stone with a smiley face on it a long time ago.  When she gave it to me, she said that when I would look at it, I would smile and think of her.  This was years ago and you know what, I still look at the stone, think of her and smile.

 

This past June, a very caring teacher gave me a stone from Medjugorje.  She received it from her mother, who had passed away.  Legend, and belief, has it that Mary, the Mother of Jesus, appeared there.  She wanted me to have the stone because I was going through a tough patch.

 

Simple gestures From The Heart.

 

Cause a smile.  Cause happy thoughts.  Might help one relax.  Might help one pause and consider.  Regroup.

 

In Luke 6:45 it is written: “A good person produces good from the good treasure of the heart.” Emerson wrote, “What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.”

 

I think the two writers were saying the same thing and I believe there is great wisdom in their words.

 

At the visitation for my son, Wil, my family and I were standing in a line greeting many, many friends and relatives and co-workers who came to pay their respects.  One of Wil’s best friends came up to us and stood before us.  He was unable to speak, but instead, wept silently, and eventually hugged each of us.  And even though there were no words exchanged – none whatsoever- his tears, his embrace, said all there needed to be said. 

 

Actions do speak louder than words.  They really do.

 

One of my heroes, Mother Theresa, wrote:  “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”

 

Again, no words needed.  A simple action, a meaningful action, an action that can have a great impact, because it conveys so much.  Same as a hug, an embrace.  A gentle touch.  Same as just sitting and listening intently to not only what is being said, but what is left unsaid.  I don’t know that there is enough of that.  I know that I have been guilty of not listening enough, of not speaking with or From The Heart enough.

 

I believe that one’s heart trumps one’s mouth.  Each of us has been around someone who “says” the right things, but their “actions” betray their lack of sincerity.  What comes from the heart, what originates in the heart is genuine. 

 

Everything we do has the power to change one’s life.  We never know who might be touched or impacted by our actions.  And the beauty is that not only are their lives changed, our lives become changed too.  We always get back what we sow.   My hope, my prayer, is that whatever you give, in whatever measure big or small, comes From The Heart.  Your Heart.  Something to think about . . .

 

Live Your Life, and Make A Difference!

 

A note to my readers:

Besides this blog, I read and write thriller fiction.  On August 5th, my novel, Taking Lives, debuts as an eBook on Amazon and then in paperback shortly thereafter.  Taking Lives is the prequel to my trilogy, and it introduces me to readers, and readers to my trilogy.  There is a sneak peek of the first book of the trilogy, Stolen Lives, at the end of Taking Lives.  I hope you buy a copy and check it out.  I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I welcome your thought. Joe